Collection of Advice
This collection refers to texts by Nagarjuna in which he provides advice to householders and the ordained on how to follow the Buddhist path. These instructions are likened to Buddha's first turning of the Wheel of Dharma.
The texts in this collection include:
- Precious Garland -- advice on how to conduct one's life and how to construct social policies that reflect Buddhist ideals.
- Letter to a Friend -- a concise and comprehensive introduction to the entire path and practice of Buddhism.
- Tree of Wisdom -- commentary of manners or moral maxim.
- A Hundred Wisdoms
- Drops for Healing Beings
- Commentary on Bodhichitta (Skt. Bodhicitta-vivarana; Tib. བྱང་ཆུབ་སེམས་ཀྱི་འགྲེལ་བ་, Wyl. byang chub sems kyi ‘grel ba)
- Anthology or Compendium of Sutras (Skt. Sutrasamuccaya; Tib. མདོ་ཀུན་ལས་བཏུས་པ་, Wyl. mdo kun las btus pa)