Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche
Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche (རྫོགས་ཆེན་དཔོན་སློབ་, Wyl. rdzogs chen dpon slob) Karma Sungrap Ngedön Tenpa Gyaltsen — the seventh incarnation of Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche was born at Rumtek Monastery in Sikkim, in 1965, and was immediately recognised by His Holiness the Sixteenth Gyalwa Karmapa. He has studied at Columbia University in New York and is fluent in English. Rinpoche has been travelling and teaching in the West since 1980, when he toured with His Holiness Karmapa. Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche is known for the lucidity of his teachings, and his sharp intellect and humour.
Ponlop Rinpoche formally established Nalandabodhi as his primary teaching organization and sangha community in 1997, and Nalandabodhi soon developed into an international network of Buddhist study and practice centers.
In 2001 Ponlop Rinpoche made Seattle the home base for his growing dharma activities, including Nalandabodhi, Nitartha International, and Nitartha Institute for Higher Buddhist Studies.
Visits to Rigpa Centres
- Lerab Ling, August 1994
- Teachings on 'The Heart of Mahamudra and Dzogchen'. These teachings are published in Wild Awakening.
- Paris, 27 October 1994
- Lerab Ling, 29-31 October 1994
- Rigpa London, 5-13 November 1994.
- Munich, 19-20 November 1994
- Teachings on 'The View of Reality in Tibetan Buddhism'
- Munich, 18-19 November 1994
- Kirchheim Retreat 1998-1999
- Lerab Ling, August 2002
- Lerab Ling, 9-11 September 2011, 'Wild Awakening: The Heart of Mahamudra and Dzogchen'
- Paris, 21-23 September 2012
- Emotional Rescue (Tarcher, upcoming May 2016)
- Rebel Buddha (Boston: Shambhala, 2010)
- Great Perfection: Outer and Inner Preliminaries, Introduction (Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2007)
- Mind Beyond Death (Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2006)
- Penetrating Wisdom: The Aspiration of Samantabhadra, (Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2006)
- Wild Awakening: The Heart of Mahamudra & Dzogchen (Boston: Shambhala, 2004)
- Profound View, Fearless Path: The Bodhisattva Vow (Siddhi Publications, 2000)
- Turning Towards Liberation, The Four Reminders (Siddhi Publications, 2000)
- Entering the Path (Siddhi Publications, 2000)