Four visualizations for mantra recitation
From Rigpa Wiki
Four visualizations for mantra recitation (Tib. འཛབ་ཀྱི་དགོངས་པ་བཞི་; Wyl. 'dzab kyi dgongs pa bzhi) are:
- like the moon and a garland of stars
- like the king’s emissaries
- like a palanquin or whirling firebrand
- like bees swarming around a broken hive
These can be related to the four stages of approach and accomplishment.
- A Guide to Vajrayana Practice for the Rigpa Sangha, Section 2. Kyérim, 'The Four Stages of Approach and Accomplishment' (based on teachings by Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche), The Tertön Sogyal Trust, 2006, pages 22-25.
- Getse Mahapandita, Husks of Unity, translated in Deity, Mantra and Wisdom, Snow Lion, 2007, 'Types of Recitation', pages 134-138.