From Rigpa Wiki
(Redirected from Ground Luminosity)
Ground luminosity (Tib. གཞིའི་འོད་གསལ་, Wyl. gzhi'i 'od gsal) —
Sogyal Rinpoche writes:
- In Dzogchen the fundamental, inherent nature of everything is called the "Ground Luminosity" or the "Mother Luminosity." This pervades our whole experience, and is therefore the inherent nature of the thoughts and emotions that arise in our minds as well, although we do not recognize it.[...]
- What happens at the moment of death, for everyone, is this: The Ground Luminosity dawns in vast splendor, and with it brings an opportunity for total liberation—if, and only if, you have learned how to recognize it.
- The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, pages 165-166.
- basic luminosity
- clear light of the ground
Teachings Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Sogyal Rinpoche, Myall Lakes, Australia, 17 & 20 January 2011.
- Sogyal Rinpoche, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, revised and updated edition (Harper San Francisco, 2002), Ch. 16 'The Ground'.