Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo
(Redirected from Light of Wisdom)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo (Tib. ལམ་རིམ་ཡེ་ཤེས་སྙིང་པོ་, Wyl. lam rim ye shes snying po), the 'Gradual Path of the Wisdom Essence' — a terma revealed by Chokgyur Dechen Lingpa and Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo, to which Jamgön Kongtrul wrote a famous commentary. Also Mipham Rinpoche wrote a topical outline for this treasure text.
- ལམ་རིམ་ཡེ་ཤེས་སྙིང་པོ་, lam rim ye shes snying po
- Mipham's topical outline (Wyl. zhal gdams lam rim ye shes snying po’i bsdus don) is in his collected works Vol. 8, ff.435-462.
- Jamgön Kongtrul, Yeshe Nangwa (Wyl. ye shes snang ba), 'The Light of Wisdom'
- Jamyang Drakpa, Yeshe Lam Juk (Wyl. ye shes lam 'jug), 'Entering The Path of Wisdom', as recorded by Jokyab Rinpoche
- Padmasambhava & Jamgön Kongtrul, The Light of Wisdom, translated by Erik Pema Kunsang (Boudhanath: Rangjung Yeshe Publications, 1986-2001).
The English translation contains three combined texts:
- the root text: the Gradual Path of the Wisdom Essence, by Padmasambhava as recorded by Yeshe Tsogyal, revealed and decoded by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo and Chokgyur Lingpa;
- its commentary: The Light of Wisdom, by Jamgön Kongtrul; and
- a collection of notes: Entering The Path of Wisdom, by Jamyang Drakpa as recorded by Jokyab Rinpoche, supplemented with clarifying remarks by H.H. Dilgo Khyentse and H.E. Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
These three combined texts are spread over five volumes:
- Volume One: Prologue and Teachings on the Title, the Sign Script and Homage; The Explanation of the Actual Body of the Text (contains teaching on the Ground); Path (beginning of): Outer Preliminaries, Refuge & Bodhichitta (Mahayana)
- Volume Two: Path cont. (entering the Vajrayana): Empowerment, Samayas, Nurturing; Kyerim and Sadhana Practice (Inner Preliminaries (Ngöndro)), Preliminaries to Sadhana, Main Part, Subsidiary Yogas, Concluding Actions)
- Volume Three: The Practices Connected to the Second and Third empowerments (restricted title)
- Volume Four: Trekchö and Tögal (restricted title)
- Volume Five: Fruition, Enhancement and Clearing Hindrances
- Padmasambhava, L'Essence de la Pureté de la Sagesse Primordiale, Volume I avec le commentaire de Jamgön Kongtrul Lotreu Thayé (Padmakara, 2011)
Teachings Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche, Berkeley, 13-15, 16-18 & 20-22 September 1996
- Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche, San Francisco, 30 October-5 November 1998
- Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche, Lerab Ling,
- 1-7 August 2010, Vol. I, Section One, 'Prologue and Teachings on the Title, The Sign Script, and The Homage' (Chapters 1-3)
- 30 July-7 August 2011, Vol. I, Section Two, 'The Setting, The Circumstances, The Four Vajra Syllables, The Five Perfections and Instructions to Retain the Teaching, The Meaning of the Ground' (Chapters 4-8, up to page 73)
- 17-22 August 2012, Vol. I, Section Two cont. & Section Three (Chapters 8-13, up to page 127)
- 24 July-3 August 2013, Vol. I, Section Three cont. & Vol. II. Mainly oral transmission of Vol. III-IV-V, with some explanations and comments.