Jump to navigation Jump to search
Non-concurrent formations (Skt. viprayukta saṃskāra; Tib. ལྡན་མིན་འདུ་བྱེད་, Wyl. ldan min 'du byed) are defined in the Abhidharma teachings as conditioned phenomena that are neither matter nor consciousness. The Treasury of Abhidharma lists fourteen examples, while the Compendium of Abhidharma provides an additional ten.
- distinct formative factor (LCN)
- non-associated conditioning factors (Padmakara)
- non-psychophysical aggregates (Samten & Garfield)
- abstract composites (Alan Wallace)
- anomalous creation (RTH, CPT)
- Jamyang Drakpa, in The Light of Wisdom Volume 1. Root text by Padmasambhava and commentary byJamgön Kongtrul the Great (Shambhala Publications), pages 184-185.