Rangjung Pemé Nyingtik
Rangjung Pemé Nyingtik (Tib. རང་བྱུང་པདྨའི་སྙིང་ཐིག་, Wyl. rang byung pad+ma'i snying thig), the 'Heart Essence of the Self-Born Lotus' — a mind terma of Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, a practice of the Three Roots. This was first revealed in Tibet when Khyentse Rinpoche was with Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö. The revelation was kept secret and the texts were left at Mindroling monastery and later lost. Years later in exile in Nepal, Trulshik Rinpoche heard about this practice as he was receiving the oral transmission for the Kangyur from Khyentse Rinpoche and he requested Khyentse Rinpoche to reveal it again. They went to Yangleshö and after seven days of practice, Khyentse Rinpoche revealed the practice for a second time. Later, when a copy of the original text, which had been found in Tibet, was brought to Nepal it was found to be identical.
The visualization is as follows: One visualizes oneself as Hayagriva in union with Vajravarahi. At one's forehead is Pema Tötreng Tsal and the eight vidyadharas. At one's heart centre is Chemchok Heruka. At the navel is Vajravarahi and at the secret centre, Ekadzati.
- Dingo Khyentse, Rangjung Pema Nyingtik, Spontaneously Arisen Padma's Heart Essence
- Dingo Khyentse, Taking Hold of the Essence of the Ocean of Siddhi: An Explanation of the Practice Method of the Essence of Siddhi, The Heart Sadhana of the Generally Condensed Union of the Three Roots from the Spontaneously Arising Innermost Essence of Padmasambhava, translated by Kunga, 1988
- Commentary on the Essential Daily Practice, translated by John Newnham 1988
- The Essence of Siddhi, A Mind Sadhana of the Guru, Uniting All the Three Roots, from the Rangjung Padmai Nyingt'hig Cycle (Self-Occuring Heart Drop of Padma), translated under the direction of Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche by Richard Barron
Empowerments Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Prapoutel, France, 25 August 1990.
- Kyabje Trulshik Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, France, 25 June 2003.
- Khyentse Yangsi Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, France, 19 July 2010.
- Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, France, 18 July 2010 (brief explanation of the history of the terma)
- When Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö was offered the empowerment and instructions for this practice by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, he declared, "Both the words and meaning of your mind treasures are incomparable nowadays." See, Dilgo Khyentse, Brilliant Moon (Boston & London: Shambhala, 2008), page 104.