Definition from Mipham Rinpoche's Khenjuk
- Sensation has the characteristic of experience. (▷RIGPA)
- Sensations are defined as impressions (Erik Pema Kunsang)
- feeling (▷PKT, David Karma Choepel, Gyurme Dorje)
- feeling-tone (▷HVG)
- feeling/sensation (Tony Duff)
- Tony Duff explains: "Although the standard translation of tshor ba has been "feeling" for many years now, there is a fault with this. As Herbert V. Guenther pointed out, it is more that there is a "tone" of mind that occurs regarding the perceived object. For this reason he translated it as "feeling-tone". Given the meaning of the term "sensation" is probably more accurate and should be considered in place of "feeling".