Ten unwholesome actions
From Rigpa Wiki
(Redirected from Ten negative actions)
The ten unwholesome actions or ten negative actions (Skt. daśākuśala; Tib. མི་དགེ་བ་བཅུ་, mi gé wa chu, Wyl. mi dge ba bcu) are:
- taking life
- taking what is not given
- sexual misconduct
- sowing discord
- harsh speech
- idle gossip (or worthless chatter)
- ill will (or wishing harm on others)
- wrong views
Effects Similar to the Cause
The Precious Garland says:
- By taking life, we will be short-lived.
- Violence will bring us lots of harm.
- Through stealing, we will lack possessions.
- Through adultery, we will face rivals.
- Through speaking falsely, we’ll face slander.
- Divisive talk will separate us from our friends.
- Harsh speech will mean hearing unpleasant words.
- Gossip will cause our speech to lack nobility.
- Covetousness will destroy our hopes.
- Malice will bring us many fears.
- And wrong view will bring inferior beliefs.
- Ten non-virtues (Dorje & Kapstein)