Chagdud Khadro (aka Jane Tromge) is the spiritual wife of Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche.
Chagdud Khadro met Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche—a great master of the Nyingma school with whom the Rigpa sangha has a strong connection—in March 1978, married him in November 1979, and remained his devoted student for twenty-three years. At the time of her ordination as a lama in 1997, Rinpoche invested her as the future Spiritual Director of Chagdud Gonpa Brasil. After Rinpoche’s transition, as head lama, she has focused on maintaining the high calibre of Vajrayana training he had established.
During her time with Rinpoche, Khadro received constant training from him, both in organizing Dharma activities and in the teachings and practice of Vajrayana. She was among the collaborators for his autobiography Lord of the Dance and with his guidance, she compiled commentaries of his teachings on the Dudjom Tersar Ngöndro, Longsal Nyingpo Phowa—the tradition she teaches according to—and the concise version of Apang Tertön’s Red Tara practice.
Formerly the managing editor of Padma Publishing in the United States, Khadro has edited many translations of Tibetan works. Today Chagdud Khadro is tireless in cultivating the seeds planted by Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche: the construction of Padmasambhava’s Pureland, translation and publishing of texts in Portuguese and Spanish, projects related to education and to death and dying. Khadro supervises the activities and teaches in all the Chagdud Gonpa Brasil centers and Chagdud Gonpa Hispanoamérica. She also teaches in Europe, United States and Australia.
Teachings Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Lerab Ling, 1-3 June 2012, Healing Emotions
- Rigpa Berlin, 11-12 April 2015, Emotions as Obstacles; Emotions as Wisdom
- Lerab Ling, 17-19 April 2015, Emotions as Obstacles; Emotions as Wisdom
- Dzogchen Beara, 24-26 April 2015, Emotions as Obstacles; Emotions as Wisdom
- Rigpa Berlin, 14-15 December 2016, The power of generosity. Transforming discontentment into inner wealth
- Rigpa London centre, 30 April-1 May 2016, Emotions as Obstacles; Emotions as Wisdom
- Dzogchen Beara, 25-27 May 2018, The Four Noble Truths
- Rigpa Zurich, Switzerland, 21-22 September 2019, Clarity and Compassion in times of turbulence
- P’howa Commentary, Pilgrims Publishing, India, 2004
- Red Tara Commentary, Pilgrims Publishing, India, 2004