Difference between revisions of "Choné Tengyur"

From Rigpa Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
The '''Choné Tengyur''' (Tib. ཅོ་ནེ་བསྟན་འགྱུར, [[Wyl.]] ''co ne bstan 'gyur''), in 209 volumes, was created in Choné in Amdo at the suggestion of the prince Jamyang Norbu (1703-1751), and completed during the life of his widow in 1773. It was edited by Choné Lama Drakpa Shedrup (Tib. ཅོ་ནེ་གྲགས་པ་བཤད་སྒྲུབ་, Wyl. ''co ne grags pa bshad sgrub'') and the catalogue was compiled by Jamyang Shepa Könchok Jikmé Wangpo. Most of the woodblocks were destroyed during conflict in 1929. The only surviving copy was acquired by Austro-American researcher Joseph F. Rock and is currently in the possession of the Library of Congress.
+
The '''Choné Tengyur''' (Tib. ཅོ་ནེ་བསྟན་འགྱུར, [[Wyl.]] ''co ne bstan 'gyur''), in 209 volumes, was created in Choné in Amdo at the suggestion of the prince Jamyang Norbu (1703-1751), and completed during the life of his widow in 1773. It was based on the [[Dergé Tengyur]] and edited by Choné Lama Drakpa Shedrup (Tib. ཅོ་ནེ་གྲགས་པ་བཤད་སྒྲུབ་, Wyl. ''co ne grags pa bshad sgrub''). The catalogue was compiled by Jamyang Shepa Könchok Jikmé Wangpo. Most of the woodblocks were destroyed during conflict in 1929. The only surviving copy was acquired by Austro-American researcher Joseph F. Rock and is currently in the possession of the Library of Congress.
 
==External Links==
 
==External Links==
 
*{{TBRC|W1GS66030|TBRC Page}}
 
*{{TBRC|W1GS66030|TBRC Page}}
  
 
[[Category:Tengyur]]
 
[[Category:Tengyur]]

Latest revision as of 10:34, 20 March 2019

The Choné Tengyur (Tib. ཅོ་ནེ་བསྟན་འགྱུར, Wyl. co ne bstan 'gyur), in 209 volumes, was created in Choné in Amdo at the suggestion of the prince Jamyang Norbu (1703-1751), and completed during the life of his widow in 1773. It was based on the Dergé Tengyur and edited by Choné Lama Drakpa Shedrup (Tib. ཅོ་ནེ་གྲགས་པ་བཤད་སྒྲུབ་, Wyl. co ne grags pa bshad sgrub). The catalogue was compiled by Jamyang Shepa Könchok Jikmé Wangpo. Most of the woodblocks were destroyed during conflict in 1929. The only surviving copy was acquired by Austro-American researcher Joseph F. Rock and is currently in the possession of the Library of Congress.

External Links