Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö Timeline
Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö Timeline
- 1 Water Dragon 1892
- 2 Water Snake 1893 (birth)
- 3 1899 (aged 6)
- 4 1901 (aged 8)
- 5 1905 (aged 12)
- 6 1906 (aged 13)
- 7 1909 (aged 16)
- 8 Metal Dog 1910 (aged 17)
- 9 1918 (aged 25)
- 10 1920 (aged 27)
- 11 1921 (aged 28)
- 12 Wood Ox 1925 (aged 32)
- 13 Water Horse 1942
- 14 Water Sheep 1943
- 15 Wood Monkey 1944
- 16 Wood Bird 1945 (52)
- 17 Fire Dog 1946 (53)
- 18 Fire Pig 1947 (54)
- 19 Earth Mouse 1948 (aged 55)
- 20 Earth Ox 1949 (aged 56)
- 21 Iron Tiger 1950 (aged 57)
- 22 Iron Hare 1951 (aged 58)
- 23 Water Dragon 1952 (aged 59)
- 24 Water Snake 1953 (aged 60)
- 25 Wood Horse 1954 (aged 61)
- 26 Wood Sheep 1955 (aged 62)
- 27 Fire Monkey 1956 (aged 63)
- 28 Fire Bird 1957 (aged 64)
- 29 Earth Dog 1958 (aged 65)
- 30 Earth Pig 1959 (aged 66)
- 31 Notes
Water Dragon 1892
Water Snake 1893 (birth)
- Born in Rekhe Ajam, Sa-ngang County, in Nyarong, near Kathok Monastery. Son of the Nyingma master Rigdzin Gyurme Tsewang Gyatso and Tsultrim Tso.
1899 (aged 6)
- Recognized as the incarnation of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo's enlightened activity by Jamgön Kongtrul Lodrö Tayé.
1901 (aged 8)
- Enthroned at Katok Monastery. He is known as Tulku Lodrö.
1905 (aged 12)
- Caring for his ailing tutor Khenpo Thubten Rigdzin, also the former tutor of Kathok Situ Rinpoche.
1906 (aged 13)
- Towards the end of the year: death of his tutor.
- Gathering funds for the Katok Monastery in Horkhok and Dzachukha
- Meets the King of Ling; gives an elaborate commentary on the Gang Gi Lodrö.
- Meets Adzom Drukpa at Adzom Gar near Tromuk. Adzom Drukpa recognizes him as the true incarnation of Khyentse Wangpo.
1909 (aged 16)
- 17th day of the second month: death of Jamyang Chökyi Wangpo—the body incarnation of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo and throne holder of Dzongsar—during a visit to Dzogchen Monastery.
- Dzongsar Monastery requests Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö to fill the vacant seat of Khyentse Wangpo at Dzongsar Tashi Lhatsé.
Metal Dog 1910 (aged 17)
- 25th day of the 1st month: birth of Chökyi Wangchuk, later recognized as the incarnation of Jamyang Chökyi Wangpo.
- 3rd day of the 3rd month: birth of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, later recognized as the mind incarnation of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo.
1918 (aged 25)
1920 (aged 27)
- Visits Dodrupchen Jikmé Tenpé Nyima and Tertön Sogyal in Golok to receive transmissions and teachings.
1921 (aged 28)
- First pilgrimage to Central Tibet, visiting Sakya Ngor, Lhasa and Mindroling.
Wood Ox 1925 (aged 32)
- Kathok Situ Chökyi Gyatso passes into parinirvana.
- Goes to Lhasa for first time; visits Mindroling.
- 10th month: visits Neten Monastery.
Water Horse 1942
Water Sheep 1943
Wood Monkey 1944
Wood Bird 1945 (52)
- gives the empowerments and transmissions of the Treasury of Precious Termas to about a hundred students in Dzongsar. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Shechen Rabjam, Katok Situ, Pewar Rinpoche, and other important tulkus were present.
Fire Dog 1946 (53)
- gives the Treasury of Precious Instructions in Dzongsar. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Shechen Gyaltsap's reincarnation and Pewar Rinpoche were present.
Fire Pig 1947 (54)
Earth Mouse 1948 (aged 55)
- Suffers serious illness and fulfills the prophecy of taking a sangyum to prolong his life. He marries Khandro Tsering Chödrön (b.1929) of the Lakar family. [check if 1948 or 1949]
Earth Ox 1949 (aged 56)
Iron Tiger 1950 (aged 57)
- Sogyal Rinpoche goes to live with JKCL at Dzongsar, where he treats him as his own son. JKCL recognizes him as the incarnation of Tertön Sogyal.
Iron Hare 1951 (aged 58)
Water Dragon 1952 (aged 59)
Water Snake 1953 (aged 60)
Wood Horse 1954 (aged 61)
- Spring of 1954: gives the Compendium of Sadhanas to more than 70 students in the empowerment room of Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo, The Joyful Grove of Immortal Accomplishment. In the assembly hall of Dzongsar he gave the Collection of a Hundred Sadhanas (Wyl. sgrub thabs brgya rtsa) to more than 400 people.
- In the summer of the same year, the Sakya Dagchen of the Phuntsok Podrang comes to Dzongsar to receive Lamdré and Compendium of Sadhanas from Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö. He also gives a major Hevajra empowerment and many other special Sakya teachings. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and Pewar Rinpoche are present.
Wood Sheep 1955 (aged 62)
- Leaves secretly to go on pilgrimage to Central Tibet and meets with His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama in Lhasa and the Sixteenth Karmapa in Tsurphu.
- Visits Reting
- 4th month: composes Nyingtik Saldrön guru yoga at request of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and Princess Yudrön.
Fire Monkey 1956 (aged 63)
- 1st month: Tsurphu
- 2nd month: Mindroling
- 3rd month: Samye Chimpu
- 7th month: Lhodrak
- 10th month: Bodhgaya, Ganges, Magadha
- 11th month: Nepal
- 12th month: Nepal
Fire Bird 1957 (aged 64)
- Sikkim (arrives at night in Gangtok from North Sikkim, according to Semo-la)
- In the Month of Miracles in the Palace Monastery in Gangtok, gives empowerments of Lama Yangtik, Rigdzin Düpa, Palchen Düpa and Yumka Dechen Gyalmo, and teaches on the Longchen Nyingtik Ngöndro.
- 10th month Tso Pema, Bodhgaya
- 11th month Bodhgaya (Sikkim???)
- 12th month Bodhgaya
- Went to Tashiding during Fire Bird
Earth Dog 1958 (aged 65)
- 4th-7th month Darjeeling
- July and August 1958: Dhongthog Rinpoche visits JKCL in Darjeeling. From the 19th to the 23rd of the 6th Tibetan month, he received teachings on the mantrayana vows chapter of the Dom Sum Rabyé, and on the 25th he received a lung for the pratimoksha chapter, and for the Chanting the Names of Manjushri. He requested a heart advice, and JKCL composed The Beautiful Precious Garland: Words of Advice for Self and Others.
Earth Pig 1959 (aged 66)
- Parinirvana on 6th day of the 5th month, the 12th June 1959.
- cremation at Tashi Jong, Sikkim. Ceremonies are led by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.