Khenpo Tashi Tseten
Khenpo Tashi Tseten completed his 9-year lopön degree in Buddhist philosophy and practice at the age of 25 from the Ngagyur Nyingma Institute (NNI), scoring first place in his class in each of the final three years of his study. He was awarded his khenpo degree in 2018. He is widely regarded as one of the most brilliant Nyingma scholars of his generation. He taught classes on grammar, poetry, Tibetan dynastic history, Pramana, Madhyamaka, Abhidharma, Prajnaparamita, and Vajrayana for five years at both of Namdroling’s monastic colleges for monks and nuns. He also assumed additional duties of managing the computer division and as an examination controller. In 2014 he was appointed the head secretary of Namdroling Shedra and a member of the NNI Board of Council. Khenpo is both a poet and author and has published two books, the first describes mandala offerings and the second presents the life and major activities of his root guru, His Holiness Penor Rinpoche.
From 2013, Khenpo Tashi has regulary taught at the Rigpa Shedra established in Pharping, Nepal as requested by Khenchen Namdrol Rinpoche. Khenpo teaches in Tibetan the traditional texts of Buddhist philosophy using examples from everyday life and current events that help students internalize the most important points and bring their timeless wisdom into lived experience.
Teachings Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Guhyagarbha Tantra using the Key to the Precious Treasury commentary by Dodrupchen Jikmé Tenpé Nyima, Rigpa Shedra East, 2013
- Guhyagarbha Tantra using the Essence of Clear Light commentary by Mipham Rinpoche, Rigpa Shedra East, 2015
- Chapter 10 of the Yönten Dzö, Rigpa Shedra East, 2016
- Ornament of the Middle Way, Rigpa Shedra East, 2018
- Guhyagarbha Tantra using the Essence of Clear Light commentary by Mipham Rinpoche, Rigpa Shedra East, 2018
- Beacon of Certainty, Rigpa Shedra East, 2019
- Semnyi Ngalso, Rigpa Shedra East, January-February 2020 (first half of the sutra part of the text)