Neten Chokling Rinpoche
Neten Chokling Rinpoche (Wyl. gnas brtan mchog gling rin po che), aka Rigdzin Gyurme Dorje (b. 10 August 1973) — the Fourth Neten Chokling was recognized by both H.H. Karmapa and Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche as the reincarnation of Neten Chokling Pema Gyurme. He was born on the tenth day of the eighth month to a poor family in Wandipodzong, central Bhutan. Karmapa named him Gyurme Dorje.
At the age of seven, he was taken to his monastery—the Pema Ewam Chögar Gyurme Ling Monastery—in Bir, India, and enthroned by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche in Clement Town at the monastery Ngedön Gatsal Ling. Before arriving in his home monastery he was also enthroned in Rumtek by H.H. Karmapa. He has received the transmissions of the Kangyur, Nyingma Gyübum, Nyingma Kama, Rinchen Terdzö, and Chokling Tersar as well as many other teachings from Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche. Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche, one of the sons of the previous Neten Chokling Rinpoche, participated in the education of his father's reincarnation before transferring to him the full responsibility of his monastery in 2004.
Empowerments & Teachings Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Lerab Ling, summer 1997: Vajrakilaya empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 25 October 2013: Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik Root empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 5 November 2013: essential Pema Khandro (Kurukulla) empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 17 September 2014: Essential Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 28 September 2014: Kurukulla empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 15 July 2015: Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik empowerment
- Lerab Ling, 28 July 2015: Kurukulla empowerment
- Chokling Incarnation Line
- Pema Ewam Chögar Gyurme Ling Monastery
- Prayer for the Long Life of Neten Chokling Rinpoche