Saṃvarodaya Tantra (Wyl. sdom 'byung gi rgyud) or Tantra of the Emergence of Chakrasamvara was requested and compiled by Vajrapani. Dudjom Rinpoche notes that it is a source of teachings on the crafts of constructing representations of enlightened body, speech and mind. It is also apparently the source of the famous quotation:
- The guru is the Buddha,
- The guru is the Dharma,
- Likewise the guru is the Sangha too
- The creator of everything is the guru
- The guru is the glorious heruka.
- Shinichi Tsuda, The Saṃvarodaya-Tantra: Selected Chapters, Hokuseido Press (Tokyo 1974).
- The Nyingma School of Tibetan Buddhism, p.99