Eight thoughts of a great being
The eight thoughts of a great being (Tib. སྐྱེས་བུ་ཆེན་པོའི་རྣམ་རྟོག་བརྒྱད་, kyebu chenpö namtok gyé, Wyl. skyes bu chen po'i rnam rtog brgyad) are as follows:
- One day, I shall be able to eliminate the suffering of all beings!
- One day, I shall be able to lead all destitute beings to great affluence!
- One day, I shall be able to use this body of flesh and blood for the benefit of sentient beings!
- One day, even if I must remain for a long time in the hells, I shall be able to bring benefit to beings!
- Throughout all my lives, may I never experience any rebirth or possess any three doors, wealth, or power that does not benefit beings, may I never focus solely on relishing the ultimate, and may I never cause harm to sentient beings!
- May the results of all beings' harmful actions ripen on me and may the effects of all my virtuous actions ripen on them, bringing them happiness!
- One day, I shall be able to fulfil beings' hopes according to their wishes, through great worldly and supramundane riches!
- One day, having become a buddha, I shall be able to deliver all sentient beings from suffering!