Difference between revisions of "Four classes of tantra"
m (1 revision: moved all 4-Four to 04-Four)
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
Revision as of 09:02, 16 March 2011
And one inner class of tantra, which is called
- Anuttarayoga Tantra, or Highest Yoga Tantra.
The latter is divided into three:
- Father Tantras, such as the Guhyasamaja Tantra, the King of Tantras;
- Mother Tantras, such as the Chakrasamvara Tantra; and
- Non-dual Tantras, such as Kalachakra.
- The Kalachakra Tantra can be designated either as a Mother Tantra or Non-dual Tantra. See Kalachakra Tantra, Rite of Initiation by the Dalai Lama and Jeffrey Hopkins (London: Wisdom, 1985), pages 165-6.