Longchenpa composed his own commentary on the Vima Nyingtik, which was mainly based on the Dzogchen Tantra Garland of Pearls. It is called the Lama Yangtik, ‘Wish Fulfilling Jewel’ (Tib. Yangtik Yishyin Norbu), and is subdivided into thirty five different treatises. Since it is a commentary on the Vima Nyingtik, it is referred to as the ‘child text’ (Wyl. bu yig).
Longchenpa himself said:
- “Those of you who are pursuing personal practice, rest in equipoise according to the approaches of trekchö and tögal without being caught up in worldly activities. If at certain times there are things you do not understand, consult my collection: Lama Yangtik, the Wish-Fulfilling Jewel. It truly is like a gem that fulfils wishes and provides all that is desired. Examine it carefully and extract the very essence of lasting bliss in meditation.”
- The Quintessence of the Guru (Cortland Dahl)
Empowerments Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Kyabjé Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, London, 1st July 1987
- Kyabjé Penor Rinpoche, London, 11th - 15th November 1988
- Kyabjé Penor Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, 18th - 21st July 1995
- Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, 1st July 2003
- Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, 1st - 3rd December 2005
- Kyabjé Yangthang Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, 10-11 August 2013
Notes & Referecnes
- Chos grags bzang po, Kun mkhyen dri med ’od zer gyi rnam thar mthong ba don ldan, in sNying thig ya bzhi, vol. 6 (Darjeeling, India: Talung Tsetrul Pema Wangyal, 1976), p. 556.