Shri Singha Shedra
Shri Singha Shedra (Tib. ཤྲཱི་སིམཧ་བཤད་གྲྭ, Wyl. shrI simha bshad grwa) — the famous shedra at Dzogchen Monastery founded by Gyalsé Shenpen Thayé in the nineteenth century, which produced many of the finest scholars in Tibet. Among the great masters who studied and/or taught at the shedra were Khenpo Pema Vajra, Mipham Rinpoche, Khenpo Shenga, Khenpo Ngakchung, Khenpo Kunpal, Pöpa Tulku and Khenpo Tsöndrü.
- Dreyfus (2005) p. 288 gives the year as 1848
- Dreyfus, Georges B.J., The Sound of Two Hands Clapping: The Education of a Tibetan Buddhist Monk. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2003
- Dreyfus, Georges. “Where Do Commentarial Schools Come From? Reflections on the History of Tibetan Scholasticism” in Journal of the International Association of Buddhist Studies (Vol. 28, No. 2), 2005, pp. 273 – 297