Praise to Shakyamuni
gyü chag sum pa (Wyl. rgyud chags gsum pa)
- Golden-coloured one, we prostrate to you.
- Free from stains, in the three worlds there is no one like you.
- To you who have incomparable wisdom, we prostrate.
- The protector who possesses great kindness,
- The omniscient teacher,
- The basis of oceans of merit and virtue—
- We prostrate to the tathagata.
- Pure, the cause of freedom from passion,
- Virtuous, liberating from the lower realms,
- This alone is the supreme, ultimate truth—
- We prostrate to the Dharma which is peace.
- Having been liberated, they show the path to liberation;
- They are fully dedicated to the disciplines;
- They are a holy field of merit and possess virtue—
- We prostrate to the sangha.
- Commit not a single unwholesome action,
- Cultivate a wealth of virtue,
- To tame this mind of ours,
- This is the teaching of all the buddhas.
- As a star, a mirage or a butter lamp,
- As an illusion, a dewdrop or a bubble,
- As a dream, a flash of lightning or clouds,
- All compounded things should be seen like this.
- Through this merit, may all beings attain the omniscient state of enlightenment,
- And conquer the enemy of faults and delusion,
- May they all be liberated from this ocean of samsara
- And from its pounding waves of birth, old age, sickness and death!