Prakriti (Skt. prakṛti; Tib. གཙོ་བོ་, tsowo, Wyl. gtso bo) - 'primal substance', the fundamental nature of reality according to the Samkhya philosophy. It has six special features:
- it is the producer of all modulations
- it is unborn and therefore permanent (or eternal)
- it is unitary (or single)
- it has no consciousness or thought and is only an object; it can not be a subject. It is the object of enjoyment of the person (purusha).
- it pervades the whole animate and inanimate objects universe
- it is the equilibrium or balanced state of the three qualities.