Teachings on 'Nectar of Manjushri's Speech' (MP3), an Overview
This page presents
—the overview of all the available MP3 recordings of teachings given by Khenpo Sönam Tobden on Khenpo Kunpal's commentary of the Bodhicharyavatara, entitled The Nectar of Manjushri's Speech, as well as
—recommended additional study material for this text.
The teachings were completed on the 4th of April 2007.
Overview of Recorded Teachings
O sublime and precious bodhichitta,
May it arise in those in whom it has not arisen;
- Khenpo Kunpal - Bodhicharyavatara - Introduction and Chapter 1: The Benefits of Bodhichitta (MP3)
- Khenpo Kunpal - Bodhicharyavatara - Chapter 2: Confessing Negativity (MP3)
- Khenpo Kunpal - Bodhicharyavatara - Chapter 3: The Thorough Adoption of Bodhichitta (MP3)
May it never decline where it has arisen
- Khenpo Kunpal - Bodhicharyavatara - Chapter 4: Carefulness (MP3)
- Khenpo Kunpal - Bodhicharyavatara - Chapter 5: Vigilance (MP3)
- Khenpo Kunpal - Bodhicharyavatara - Chapter 6: Patience (MP3)
But go on increasing, further and further!
- Khenpo Kunpal - Bodhicharyavatara - Chapter 7: Diligence (MP3)
- Khenpo Kunpal - Bodhicharyavatara - Chapter 8: Meditative Concentration (MP3)
- Khenpo Kunpal - Bodhicharyavatara - Chapter 9: Wisdom (MP3)
Additional Study Material
- Andreas Kretschmar's translation of the first five chapters of Drops of Nectar, Khenpo Kunpal’s commentary on Shantideva’s Entering the Conduct of the Bodhisattvas is available as PDF at http://www.kunpal.com (free download, includes Tibetan of commentary as Wylie text)
- The Padmakara Translation Group has published a complete English and French translation of Khenpo Kunpal's commentary: Nectar of Manjushri's Speech—A Detailed Commentary on Shantideva's Way of the Bodhisattva, Shambhala Publications 2007, ISBN 159030439X , see Wisdom-books.
- For chapter 9, Wisdom, there is a translation of Khenpo Kunpal's commentary available in Wisdom: Two Buddhist Commentaries, Editions Padmakara, ISBN 2-906949-22-1 . In addition to the translation of The Nectar of Manjushri's speech, this edition contains the commentary The Brilliant Torch Illuminating the Ultimate Nature of Profound Interdependent Origination by Minyak Kunzang Sönam: see Wisdom-books.
- Practicing Wisdom is a commentary by the Dalai Lama on Shantideva's chapter 9 on wisdom from the Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life, drawing on contrasting Nyingma and Gelug school viewpoints using the same two commentaries as in Wisdom: Two Commentaries, Wisdom Publications, ISBN 0861711823 , see Wisdom-books.