Drukpa Yongdzin Incarnation Line
Drukpa Yongdzin Incarnation Line is the successive line of tulkus of Drukpa Yongzin, who is regarded as an emanation of Milarepa, Tibet’s celebrated yogin. The Drukpa Yongdzin incarnation lineage is one of the ‘Four Pillars’ of the Drukpa Kagyü tradition.
The Drukpa Yondgzin Incarnations
- Lhatsewa Ngawang Zangpo, the First Drukpa Yongdzin Rinpoche (1546-1615)
- Kunga Lhundrup, the Second Drukpa Yongdzin Rinpoche (1617-1676)
- The Third Drukpa Yongdzin
- Jampal Pawo, the Fourth Drukpa Yongdzin (1720-1780)
- The Fifth Drukpa Yongdzin
- The Sixth Drukpa Yongdzin
- Ngagi Wangpo, Mipam Yeshe Nangwa Jampal Sheja Künkhyen, the Seventh Drukpa Yopngdzin, he was a teacher of Tokden Shakya Shri. The eighth incarnation was threefold, among whom was Apho Rinpoche, Shakya Shri ‘s grandson
- Tokden Paksam Gyatso, the Eight Drukpa Yongdzin Rinpoche
- Decho Yongdzin Rinpoche, the Ninth Drukpa Yongdzin Rinpoche. There was another 9th incarnation, who died in 1995.
- Katok Situ Chökyi Gyatso, Togden Shakya Shri—The Life and Liberation of a Tibetan Yogin, translated and compiled by Elio Guarisco, Shang Shung Institute, 2009, p. 248.