Dza Sershul Monastery

From Rigpa Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Dza Sershul Monastery (Tib. རྫ་སེར་ཤུལ་དགོན་, Wyl. rdza ser shul dgon) was founded in 1760. It is one of the main Gelugpa centres in Kham, where all the genuine traditions of sutra and mantra were taught. Of the four great debate manuals (yigcha), they followed that of Sera Jé. Patrul Rinpoche taught there on a number of occasions and they later followed his tradition when teaching the Bodhicharyavatara.