Jikme Lingpa Timeline
Jikme Lingpa Timeline
- Birth (age 1 according to Tibetan counting)
- At the age of six he joins Palri Ösal Tekchen Ling
- At the age of thirteen he meets Tukchok Dorje.
- Starts first three year retreat
- Composes his first major writing, the Detailed Commentary on the Lama Gongdü
- Discovers the Longchen Nyingtik. In the evening of the twenty-fifth day of the tenth month of the Fire Ox year of the thirteenth Rabjung cycle he has his vision where he flies to the Boudha Stupa.
- One scroll was the Dukngal Rangdrol and another A Casket of Enlightened Mind, a Manual of Essential Instructions
- Starts second three year retreat at Chimphu. During the retreat he has three visions of Longchenpa.
- Composes Words of the Omniscient One
- He receives the Seventeen Nyingtik Tantras, the Vima Nyingtik, Lama Yangtik and other transmissions from Drubwang Orgyen Palgön (Shrinatha) of Mindroling Monastery.
- After his retreat his has a vision of Thangtong Gyalpo
- On the tenth day of the sixth month of the Wood Monkey year he gives the empowerments and explanation of the Longchen Nyingtik for the first time to fifteen disciples.
- At the age of 34 he moves from Chimphu to Tsering Jong and founds his monastery Pema Ö Ling
1771 Metal Rabbit Year
- Wrote In Praise of the New Publication of the Collected Nyingma Tantras
- "From the spring of the Metal Rabbit Year until summer of the next year I was busy with all the work concerning the publication of the precious Collected Tantras." (rnam thar, page 236)
- At 43 he gathered together and commissioned the copying of the Nyingma tantras in twenty-five volumes and he composed his history of the Nyingma tantras, An Ornament which Pervades the World: A History of the Precious Collection of Tantras of the Earlier Translation School.
- At 57 he visits Sakya
- Dodrupchen comes to see him.
- At 60 he gave teachings to the King and Queen of Derge, Sawang Zangpo and Tsewang Lhamo, at Samye. 
- Writes his Discourse on India
- At 62 he visits Göntse Gönpa of Tsona in Mön
- At 63 Nepali forces attack Tibet and Jigme Lingpa performs ceremonies.
- At 65 he and his consort have a son called Gyalse Nyinche Özer.
- At 69 he travels to Drikung for the enthronement of his son
- At 70 he returned to Tsering Jong
- Passes away on the third day of the ninth month of the Earth Horse year