Path of total release
- The path of total release is the actualization of the state of freedom after having abandoned the destructive emotions.
The Great Tibetan Dictionary says:
The Dungkar Great Tibetan Dictionary says:
- The path of total release is that which arises in one's mind immediately following the unimpeded path. It is the path which is newly released from the respective discards. On the path of seeing the paths of total release are synonymous for the eight cognitions. As it says in the Treasury of Abhidharma:
- Acceptance and cognition are respectively
- The unimpeded path and the path of total release.
- It is the path where one experiences the result or freedom which comes about after having relinquished one's respective discards.
From among the sixteen moments on the path of seeing, the paths of total release are synonymous for the eight cognitions, which are the freedoms from the eight discards.
- The path of liberation (Erik Pema Kunsang)
- Wyl.: rnam grol lam nyon mongs spang ba'i rnam par grol ba mngon du byas pa'o
- Wyl.: rang rgyu bar chad med lam gyi mjug thogs su byung ba'i mkhyen pa
- Wyl.:rang rgyud bar chad med la gyi mjug thogs su byung zhing/rang gi ngo skal gyi spang bya las gsar du rnam par rgol ba'i lam yin pas de ltar brjod/mthong lam rnam grol lam dang shes pa brgyad don gcig ste/(mdzod )las/bzod dang shes la go rim bzhin/_/bar chad med dang rnam grol lam/_/zhes gsungs so/_/rnam grol lam ni rang gi ngo skal gyi spang bya spangs nas bral ba'i 'bras bu nyams su myong ba'i lam yin no